Have you ever tried to explain something to someone only to shake your head and say, “I guess you had to be there?” Disciple making can be like that sometimes. With all the baggage that comes with the words “discipleship” or “disciple making” often people do not really know what you are talking about. It’s hard to know what it is unless you’ve experienced it. In this episode Dave and James look back on their experiences (good and bad, or maybe better and best) both in receiving discipleship from someone and also in their attempts to begin discipling someone else. Listen in and see how it compares to your experiences.
About This Site
Lukefive.com is dedicated to learning to make disciples like Jesus did and having a lasting spiritual impact with our lives.
- E64 – How do you share your faith with a Buddhist (or anyone else) (Part B)The other day a friend of mine sent me this message: “Long time no text. Hope you and your family is doing well. My son is struggling with trying to talk and reach some high school friends that are Buddhist. Do you have any resources or tips to help him start a conversation with them.” […]
- E63 – How do you share your faith with a Buddhist (or anyone else) (Part A)The other day a friend of mine sent me this message: “Long time no text. Hope you and your family is doing well. My son is struggling with trying to talk and reach some high school friends that are Buddhist. Do you have any resources or tips to help him start a conversation with them.” […]
- E62 – Missions, PTSD, and Mid-life CrisesMany prepare for the initial sacrifice, but few think about the costs the rest of their lives. Its been a while since we posted anything. After I posted this episode I thought of a dozen different things I wish I had said or added, so maybe I’ll make a part 2 down the road.
- Discovery Bible Study – Helping people discover Jesus with their freindsThe Discovery Bible study was originally created overseas in order to give people seeking Jesus a way to discover Jesus. It can be used in all sorts situations from a group of lost people studying the Bible (under the influence of a disciple maker) to new believers classes, to youth groups and Sunday Schools. I’m […]
- E61 – Story of the Ne’er-do-wellWho are the ne’er-do-wells in your life? What are their stories? This is the talk I mentioned: Tea with Hezbollah: Is it possible to love your enemy? Carl Medearis He has a book with a similar title if you are interested in reading the book called Tea with Hezbollah: Sitting at the Enemies’ Table I […]
Go Make Disciples of All Nations!
1508 N Lincoln Ave
Moore, OK 73160