Here is a quote I wanted to share with you from a couple of articles on discipleship.org.
Disciple Making Movements Defined
A disciple making movement exists when churches* plant churches
- through gospel activity
- that has abundant fruit among the lost,
- that multiplies these disciples (people growing in obedience to all of Jesus’ commands)
- who in turn replicate themselves in others, so that we can see at least four generations regularly produced
- in multiple streams of disciple-making activity
- and these streams multiply consistently into churches.
*Discipleship.org defines a church as – A spiritual family growing in surrendered obedience to all the teachings of Jesus Christ who gather together regularly under Biblically recognized leadership for the purpose of fulfilling the Great Commission (making disciples) with a Great Commandment heart (loving God, loving people).